VIDEO: Old Town Canoes & Kayaks award-winning Predator XL
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
Old Town Canoes & Kayaks faced a tough challenge at this year’s ICAST – emulating the achievement of its award-winning Predator 13 in 2013.
But it was a challenge that its new arrival, the Predator XL, was very much up for. Not only did it also win Best Boat in the New Product Showcase, the kayak was also voted Best in the Show.
A delighted Johnson Watercraft Brand Director, David Hadden, told Angling International that the double success in Orlando truly heralded the arrival of kayak fishing to the sport. He said: “The fact that a panel of experienced anglers voted for the kayak as Best in the Show is a great shot in the arm for kayak fishing. It shows the sport has truly arrived.“
The Predator XL Minn Kota Drive is powered by a Minn Kota Motor Console with electric trolling power and hands-free navigation; creating the ultimate in boat control to get on and stay on fish.
Stand-out features include:
Minn-Kota Motor Console
- Complete hands-free navigation and trolling;
- Steerable forward and reverse;
- Saltwater grade with anodized/zinc-coated metals;
- A full 45 lb of thrust with variable speed control;
- Stealth quiet;
- Digital maximiser for full day motoring;
- Quick-stand to avoid water hazards and debris;
- Dual kill-switches for safety;
- LED Charge indicator;
- USB charge ports;
- Sonar mounting plate, battery/cable storage;
- Storage compartment.
- Flush-mount open paddle deck;
- 600 lb cockpit capacity;
- Exo-Ridge design for confident standing casts.
- Total sonar electronics management system;
- Easily removed and stored;
- Sonar-ready mounting plate;
- Battery and cable storage
- Storage compartment;
- Theft protection.
Tel: + 1 207 817 5144