US National Fishing and Boating Week kicks off on Saturday
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
National Fishing and Boating Week (NFBW) in the US is to go ahead as planned from June 6th to 14th.
The Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation (RBFF) will kick off the annual event by encouraging Americans of all ages to get out on the water.
And the week will be immediately followed by the Take Me Fishing/Discover Boating consumer marketing initiative, the collaboration between the RBFF and the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA).
The NFBW will focus on the benefits of safe and responsible participation in fishing and boating, with messages about health and wellbeing, inspiration and fun and emphasising that participation is open to everyone from newcomers to experienced and lapsed anglers who feel the urge to pick up a rod and reel again.
Features of the NFBW will include:
• Social media promotion involving key influencers across Facebook and Instagram.
• Promotion of the RBFF’s Women Making Waves initiative aimed at a key growth audience.
• A national press release announcing the joint consumer marketing initiative with NMMA.
• TV and radio public service announcements across the country.
• Tips from a health and wellbeing expert.
• A paid media campaign.
• A partner toolkit to help state and industry stakeholders promote fishing and boating which include media materials, social posts and more.
Fishing and boating received a further boost from an Associated Press (AP) interview with the RBFF’s Stephanie Vatalaro. The resulting article earned 187 placements from the AP wire and was picked up by a number of television channels, the combined total impressions reaching almost 200 million up to yesterday.
Vatalaro, the Foundation’s VP Marketing and Communications, talked about how fishing and boating are perfect for people looking to get outdoors while staying close to home, and how digital resources available at takemefishing.org are helping newcomers get out on the water.
“The story could not have come at a better time,” said Vatalaro. “The fishing and boating season is about to kick into full swing and the launch of our joint campaign with Discover Boating is just weeks away. We could not have asked for a better way to help drive awareness and get the season off to a strong start.”