Dick’s Sporting Goods reopens stores in 23 states
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
Dick’s Sporting Goods has reopened its stores in 23 states across the US, utilising new social distancing guidelines and the retention of curbside pick-up.
The Pennsylvania-based company. which has over 850 outlets across America, said in a statement: “As we reopen our doors in some areas of the country where local guidelines and public health considerations allow, we want to assure you that the health and safety of Dick’s Sporting Goods’ team-mates and customers remains our top priority.”
It added that additional measures are being taken to keep its stores clean and safe, including:
• New social distancing protocols;
• Designated shopping hour for at-risk customers;
• Installation of sneeze guards at the check-outs;
• Curbside Contactless Pick-up;
• Cleaning check-out areas after each transaction;
• Sanitising trollies and baskets;
• Requiring team-mates to wear face coverings.
Dick’s locations have been closed since March to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
The 23 states where it has reopened the majority of its stores include: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Virginia.