Customers drive design of Vibe Yellowfin 130T kayak
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
Kayak manufacturer, Vibe, says that the design of its latest launch has been driven by its customers.
Josh Thomas, CEO of the company, said that the new Yellowfin 130T was ‘basically built’ by its customers. He added: “We listened and then incorporaed the input from current Vibe owners and our design team. That guidance led us to build a ridiculously comfortable, capable boat that is perfect for serious kayak fishing.”
The Yellowfin 130T is a 13ft sit-on-top tandem kayak that comfortably holds two adults and is competitively priced at under $1,000. It is equipped with two Hero seats and a pair of Vibe Journey paddles. The breathable mesh seats with sturdy metal frames can be placed in a number of seating positions, including a solo paddling set-up and the cockpit includes fully-adjustable foot braces.
Vibe adds that these features, along with a uniquely-designed hull that rides high in the water while providing great stability, results in an ‘uncommonly comfortable’ paddling experience.
- Comfort and convenience: Two Vibe Hero seats, four easy-grip carrying handles, two built-in cup holders, adjustable foot braces and rudder-ready construction.
- Gear mounting: Two capped, flush-mounted rod holders, two side bungee paddle parks, two built-in accessory mounts and four mounting points for optional gear tracks.
- Cargo: Two, 9″ sealed hatches with bag inserts, rear tankwell with adjustable bungee, bow cargo bungee system and four tackle tray holders – two on either side of each seat.
- Construction: Rotomoulded as a single piece of polyethylene, with 12 scupper holes (plugs included).
- Colours: Blue Lagoon, Sunset Camo, Moss Camo and Jam Berry.
The Vibe Yellowfin130T Tandem Kayak package is available online now fpr $999.99 and will be available from selected Vibe dealers from Monday (October 2).