Content Manager & Social Media Editor for Tacklestream
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
Tacklestream is the new media platform from the publishers of Angling International that exists to connect fishing tackle brands to retailers.
After a successful introduction to the global trade at EFTTEX and ICAST, we are now seeking a talented and passionate Content Manager & Social Media Editor to take responsibility for output across the full range of Tacklestream digital platforms.
This is a position for a professional with real passion for fishing tackle in all its forms and the skills to create provocative and engaging social media content on a consistent basis. You should also have the drive, energy and ideas to grow and retain the largest possible audience of fishing tackle retailers from around the world, plus tackle-obsessed anglers.
This role also includes managing the new Tacklestream website due for launch in October. Conceived as the trade’s leading directory of fishing tackle, this site will require the Content Manager to work closely with global fishing tackle brands supplying content for publication, often in multiple languages. Requirements include a good working knowledge of WordPress, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple publishing schedules.
Video editing skills will also be a distinct advantage.
• Creating ‘passionate, personal, and provocative’ social media content about fishing tackle from around the world
• Generating this content by liaising with tackle brands and our global network of tackle correspondents
• Implementing a marketing strategy to grow the Tacklestream social media audience, particularly amongst fishing tackle retailers
• Creating an environment where fishing tackle retailers habitually visit and use the new Tacklestream website
• Managing and scheduling weekly e-blasts in multiple languages to drive up engagement with all our platforms
• Working with the Sales Director and with our clients to plan workable schedules for uploading content to the website
• Promoting the benefits of Tacklestream to international clients in the tackle trade
• A huge appetite for fishing tackle news and a wide knowledge of tackle brands and their portfolios
• A good working knowledge of social media platforms and their strengths
• Experience of content editing for digital platforms
• Strong working knowledge of WordPress
• Video editing skills
• Fluency in English
• A working knowledge of another European language would be an advantage
• Experience of working with clients in the angling industry is also desirable
• You will be joining a team of engaging and dedicated media professionals and will be expected to add your own levels of energy and dynamism while representing one of the most popular media brands in the tackle trade
• You will be personable, a strong team player and self motivated
• Willing to travel and driven to build Tacklestream into a dominant digital platform for the tackle trade
• Ideally based in the UK and able to make regular visits to our offices near Peterborough; though the right candidate may also be based in Europe
• Above all, you will need a passion for fishing tackle and a talent for relaying that passion to an audience of professionals around the world
Closing date August 31st 2019