AFTA plea on eve of Australian General Election
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
Australia’s fishing tackle industry representative body has made an impassioned plea to the country’s fishermen, wholesalers and retailers on the eve of Saturday’s General Election.
The Australian Fishing Trade Association (AFTA) says that the future of the sport is under ‘serious threat’ from the Labor-Green’s Marine Lock-Out policy and has urged anglers to watch its video link message.
It says: “Look at this video link now and then help us by sharing this message through your customer database, newsletter and social media to your friends, family, fishing buddies and clubs – anyone who fishes or even those who don’t. Spread the word.”
“It adds: “For the future of recreational fishing in Australia – do it now.”
The move comes amid growing pressure by the greens in Australia to introduce no-go zones to anglers across Australia.The message is signed by representatives of the country’s leading fishing tackle manufacturers and AFTA members. They include:
- Bruce Alvey, Alvey Reels Australia (AFTA President);
- Trevor Maundrell, Jarvis Walker (AFTA Vice President);
- Damian Kerves, Rapala VMC Australia (AFTA Treasurer);
- Chris Baty, Compleat Angler Melbourne (AFTA Director);
- Kim Beslich, Schneider Fishing Lines (AFTA Ex-Officio Director);
- Pat Gillies, JM Gillies (AFTA Director);
- Colin Tannahill, Shimano (AFTA Director);
- Steven Threlfall, Tackle World Shepparton (AFTA Director).
See the video at: https://youtu.be/_QoIwvzG_Lg