Abel rocks with limited edition US-made AC/DC reel
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
Top US fly reel manufacturer, Abel, has shown its rock credentials with the launch of a new limited edition model.
The award-winning Montrose, Colorado-based company is paying homage to Australian super group AC/DC – the band with the highest-selling album of all-time – with the launch of the custom Abel + AC/DC Super Series that is available in two sizes and retails at a mouthwatering $1,355.
The reels are emblazoned with the iconic AC/DC logo in a hand-painted and hand-anodised finish.
Other features include:
- Limited edition run, individually serialised from one to 300;
- Hand-polished and hand-anodised witha proprietary satin smoke-effect finish and iconic AC/DC logo;
- Spool finished in Abel’s Satin Black with a machined aluminium handle, custom anodised in a unique finish that mirrors AC/DC’s logo;
- Reel frame, spool drag knob and foot made of 6061-T651 cold-finished aerospace grade aluminium;
- Made with patented ‘smooth as silk’ cork drag system;
- Double pawl system on all sizes;
- Quick change spool;
- Made in the USA.