A. Jensen Big Fly shooting heads: perfect for rough conditions
A. Jensen says that its Big Fly shooting heads are made for fishing in rough conditions and presenting big and bulky flies.
One of the Danish company’s field testers commented: “Using this head, I am able to cast out half a turkey in a strong headwind!”
At only 8.8m, the Big Fly is among the shortest shooting heads on the market, but A. Jensen maintains it will truly hold its own on a day when the weather makes ordinary shooting heads inadequate.
They are made with a very steep front taper that turns almost any fly in any conditions.
The Big Fly is based on a 50lb low-stretch core and comes fitted with welded eyes in both ends.
Outstanding features include:
- Slick and soft coating that performs well in low temperatures;
- Low-stretch braided core;
- Steep front tapering that allows line to turn on even in the worst conditions;
- Tapering at both ends provides excellent aerodynamics as well as the option to turn the line around to get an even steeper tapering in the front;
- Three different densities;
- Available in Class 8 and 9 in floating, intermediate and sink III.
A. Jensen is also famous for its fly rods and reels. Its new Trophy Specialist rods won admirers at EFTTEX in Amsterdam in June 2011, where the company boosted its distribution network in Europe following a number of new deals.
Business contacts. Tel: +45 4826 4547 Web: www.ajensenflyfishing.com