Winston releases ‘revolutionary’ premium fly rod series
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
The R.L. Winston Rod Co. says that the Nexus is a revolutionary, new all-graphite premium rod series.
These light, high performance, deep-black fly rods are said to redefine the high modulus rod category and combines the company’s legendary ‘Winston action’ with more modern, faster tapers.
The Winston Nexus is a full series of three-weight through to 12-weight ‘all-round’ fly rods that are smooth casting and use a new design to handle a range of conditions.
- New, innovative action;
- Combines the legendary ‘Winston action’ with faster tapers through lower half of the rod;
- ‘All-round’ rods able to generate line speeds to handle a range of wind conditions and fly sizes;
- Graphite composition provides significant material savings from Winston’s top-of-the-range high performance Boron III rods;
- Light, smooth-casting and powerful;
- Made in Twin Bridges, Montana, using the finest parts from the US and around the world;
- Deep black finish, hand inscribed;
- Comes in an embroidered rod bag;
- Action: Fast;
- Grip: Cigar on three weight to six weight. Full Wells with fighting butt on eight weight;
- Sections: Four piece;
- Colour: Deep black;
- Guides: Chrome nanolite stripper guides and chrome-plated snake guides;
- Reel seat: Anodised, silver aluminium with light amber wood insert on three-weight to six-weight, anodized aluminium fighting butt on seven-weight to 12-weight;
- Storage: Deep black powder-coated aluminium rod tube with logo tech rod sock;
- Rod weights: three-weight to 12-weight;
- Price: Starting at $475.
Tel: + 1 406.684.5674