VIDEO: New St. Croix BASS X in action
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
BASS X combines St. Croix’s legendary handcrafting with high-quality componentry. It begins with the company’s proven SCII graphite blank which gets two coats of Flex Coat finish to add durability.
Hard aluminum-oxide guides deliver line from stripper guide to tip and the Fuji ECS® reel seat ensures iron-clad connection with the reel while yielding all-day casting comfort.
All 10 casting and four spinning models feature sporty split-grips. The supremely balanced configuration not only positions your hands for serious launching, but also reduces the overall weight of the rod.
Designed with super-fast tips on some models, moderate deflections on others, bassers will find the 14 models in the BASS X line-up able to cover every technique from drops shotting, slopping to punching jigs through gnarly weed mats.
BASS X rods were designed in Park Falls, Wisconsin, and are handcrafted in the St. Croix facility in Fresnillo, Mexico. Retailing for $100 to $110, it is paired with a five-year warranty backed by the company’s Superstar Service.
BASS X rods are now available through the St. Croix dealer network.
- Premium-quality SCII;
- Designed and built for bass anglers;
- Hard aluminum-oxide guides with black frames;
- Fuji® ECS reel seat with black hood on casting models;
- Fuji® DPS reel seat with black hoods on spinning models;
- Split-grip/premium-grade cork handle with EVA trim;
- Two coats of Flex Coat slow-cure finish;
- Five-year warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service;
- Designed in Park Falls and handcrafted in Fresnillo, Mexico.