St. Croix Legend Surf goes to extremes
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
New for 2016 from US rod manufacturer, St. Croix, is the Legend Surf, described as extreme equipment for extreme fishing and extreme conditions.
The company says that the high modulus/high strain SCIV graphite blanks are ‘loaded’ with proprietary technologies. IPC©, ART™, FRS and new Fuji® Torzite® solid titanium frame surf guides to put it in a ‘category of its own’.
“The rods are stronger and higher performing than others in the market,” said St. Croix pro-staffer, Alberto Knie. “On top of that it is lighter, while at the same time stronger and better performing.
“Surf fishing involves exceptionally calculated techniques. St. Croix rods allow me to fish my style with confidence.”
The Neoprene handle, which prevents slipping, feels more comfortable and also provides better grip for power casting.
Stand-out features include:
- Integrated Poly Curve® (IPC®) tooling technology;
- Advanced Reinforcing Technology™ (ART™);
- High-modulus/high-strain SCIV graphite with FRS for strength and durability;
- Off-set, slim-profile ferrules on two-piece models provide one-piece performance;
- Fuji® Torzite® RV K-Series surf guides with titanium frames for 100% corrosion-proof performance
- Fuji® Torzite® surf top with flanged ring for reduced line friction;
- Fuji® DPS reel seat with exclusive E-finish hoods;
- Custom Neoprene handle for comfort and durability;
- Two coats of Flex Coat slow-cure finish;
- 15-year transferable warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service;
- $510 to $690 retail.
Tel: +1 715 762 3226