Shimano’s ‘Blue Riband’ double at AFTA Awards
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
Shimano completed the ‘Blue Riband’ double for the second year running at the Australian Fishing Trade Association (AFTA) Awards last night.
The Australian subsidiary of the global fishing gear giant triumphed in the rod (Nano PX) and reel (Stella SW) categories during the ATFA Show on the Gold Coast.
Other top industry names among the prizes were Mustad and Daiwa. The Norwegian hook manufacturer won the Terminal Tackle category with its Staylock Snap, while Daiwa triumphed with its TDS PMC combo.
Halco Tackle Company was a winner in both the Hard Lure (Halco Skim Stik) and Accessory (Fish Ring Pliers) sections.
The full list of winners were:
- Rod: Shimano Nano PX (Shimano Australia Fishing)
- Reel: Shimano Stella SW (Shimano Australia Fishing)
- Terminal Tackle: Mustad Staylock Snap (Wilson Fishing)
- Combo Kit: TDS PMC (Daiwa)
- Line: Maxima Braid (JM Gillies Agencies)
- Soft Lure: Zerek Live Cherabin (Wilson Fishing)
- Hard Lure: Halco Skim Stick (Halco Tackle Company)
- Tackle Management: Plano 467310 Guide Bag (JM Gillies Agencies)
- Boating Accessory: Australian Salt Water Hydrowave (Hydrowave Australia/Amphibia
- Accessory: Fish Ring Pliers (Halco Tackle Company)
- Electronics: 25kg Digital Scales (Black Magic Tackle)
- Kids: 13 Fishing Ambition Combo (Nomad Tackle)
- Clothing: Bigfish Yellow Belly Print Shirt (Bigfish Graphics)
- Environmentally Friendly: Too Easy Salt Removing Power Wash (Salt Free Ltd)
- Outdoor/Camping Product: Fenix Pd35 (G8 Distribution)
- Diving/Watersport: Aeris F11 Freediving Watch (Australian Underwater Products)
• Don’t miss a full report on the AFTA show in the October issue of Angling International.