Shimano nets six at AFTA awards night
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
Shimano was the toast of the Australian Fishing Trade Association (AFTA) Show when it won six awards during the Gala Dinner on the Gold Coast.
The Japanese fishing tackle giants underlined the considerable breadth of its portfolio by picking up prizes in the reel, combo, rod, soft lure, tackle management and game reel categories.
JM Gillies completed a hat-trick as it picked up the line, fly rod and fly line awards. Winner of the newly introduced John Dunphy Innovation Award was Cranka for its Cranka Crab-Single Hook Model.
The full list of winners were:
- Reel: Shimano – Stradic 2500 HG;
- Combo: Shimano – TwinPower 400 XG/Ocea Offshore PF3;
- Rod: Shimano – Zodias 702 Medium/Light Spin;
- Soft Lure: Shimano – Squidgies 110 Wrigger Prawn;
- Hard Lure: Rapala VMC Australia – Rapala X-Rap Magnum 40;
- Line: JM Gillies – Fins G40 Braid;
- Terminal Tackle: Tackle Tactics – TT Lures Snakelockz Jigheads;
- Sunglasses: Spotters Eyewear – Spotters Freak Nexus;
- Outdoor Product: V Sport/GoPro – RinseKit;
- Watersport Product: V Sport/GoPro – Hero 4 Session Camera;
- Fishing Accessory: Rapala VMC Australia – Deeper Fish Finder;
- Clothing Accessory: CapHat – CapHat Extreme;
- Tackle Management: Shimano – Shimano Tackle Bag/Backpack;
- Game Rod: Wilson Fishing – Venom Game;
- Game Reel: Shimano – Twin Power 14000 XG;
- Game Lure: Viva Fishing Tackle – Richter Reflector Wing;
- Fly Rod: JM Gillies – Sage MOD;
- Fly Reel: E.J. Todd & Son – TFP Atoll;
- Fly Line: JM Gillies – RIO Light Line;
- John Dunphy Innovation Award: Cranka – Cranka Crab-Single Hook Model;
- Magazine Cover: Fish Life;
- Industry Representative: Damien Grieve (Jarvis Walker);
- Small Store: Whitey’s Tackle;
- Medium Store: Compleat Angler and Camping World Rockingham;
- Large Store: Tackle World Cranbourne:
- Store Overall: Compleat Angler and Camping World Rockingham.