Shimano and Moro Deconto dominate Brazilian awards
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
Fishing giant Shimano and lure manufacturer Moro Deconto dominated the Pesca Trade Show Best New Product Awards in Brazil – taking seven awards between them.
Shimano enjoyed success in the categories for Spinning Reel (Stradic C14 FB), Apparel (Gore-Tex Raincoat), Monofilament Line (Technium) and Casting Rod (Zodias) to make it the biggest winner on the night with four awards.
However, Moro Deconto took the much sought-after top prize – Best in Show – for the Laguninha Nano, which was also successful in the Soft Lure category. To make it a clean sweep in baits, it also won the Best Hard Lure for the Apache IT-135.
The full list of winners was:
- Best of Show: Moro Deconto, Laguninha Nano
- Nautical Accessory: Minn Kota, On Board Battery Charger
- Kayak/Stand-up Paddle: Brudden Náutica, Manta Kayak
- Shooting Sports: Umarex, PCP Walther Lever Action
- Reel: Marine Sports, Venator Lite
- Spinning Reel: Shimano, Stradic CI4 FB
- Apparel: Shimano, Gore-Tex Raincoat
- Electronics: Raymarine, A98 display touchscreen, 9” – lighthouse 2
- Braided Line: YGK, G- Soul Upgrade X4
- Monofilament Line: Shimano, Technium
- Soft Lure: Moro Deconto, Laguninha Nano
- Hard Lure: Moro Deconto, Apache IT-135
- Casting Rod: Shimano – Zodias
- Spinning Rod: Marine Sports, Venator SE
- Fishing Accessory: Monster 3X Concept Lures, Tackle Box
- Camping Product: Brudden Náutica, Brudden Coolers 30 litres