Saltwater big hitter redesigned by Quantum
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
Zebco says that the Quantum Cabo, a long-time consistent hitter in saltwater, now comes with a totally redesigned and modern lightweight frame that boasts more metal inside and out than its competition.
It adds: “The Cabo comes loaded with a huge, strong centre shaft that is complemented by stronger threads to provide all the lockdown power necessary and a super-sized, watertight drag for when braided lines are at work.”
Massive ceramic and carbon fibre washers have been designed to resist heat in a sealed Magnum CSC ™ drag system to allow line to slip smoothly off the spool with whatever resistance you choose to dial in up to 55 lb.
Corrosion-free, the ‘airy’ looking reel features a clutch seal to prevent water and debris from entering the housing and causing it to slip.
Further eliminating damage is a redesigned stainless steel line slider that is said to last a lifetime.
The new Cabo also has a ‘doubly-secured’ oscillating gear and slider to eliminate ‘slop’ or ‘play’ when the reel is placed under higher loads. A Quantum exclusive TIMag® titanium bend-resistant bail system with magnetic trip is said to ensure the most enduring line management system in the business.
Protecting the frame is Saltguard™ 2.0. This contains a SCR™ Alloy that is impurity-free to prevent a source for corrosion to set in. The SCR Alloy is then covered in Quantum’s proprietary coating process to further prevent rust.
IT is available in 40, 50, 60 and an 80 size with 10 bearings.
Key features include:
- SCR base aluminium eliminates corrosion and improves strength;
- Saltguard 2.0 for better corrosion resistance;
- Sealed Magnum CSC Drag provides extra power and ultra-smooth drag;
- ‘Ultra hard’ PT Gearing for durability and smoothness;
- New gear support that is durable under high loads, more secure clutch;
- Hybrid ceramic bearings support high loading and ‘never’ seizes;
- Low friction oscillation that is more stable and smoother under high loading;
- Patented offset foot for a balanced reel;
- Patented rotor offset – dynamically balanced rotor for a smoother feel;
- New Line Management System (LMS) for improved handling, durability and performance;
- Patented oscillation – cross wrap for braid. improved casting;
- MaxCast Spool for superior casting distance;
- New stainless steel slider that will not corrode and improves line transition;
- Patented NiTi Bail Wire ensures the bail will not bend out of shape;
- Patented Magnetic Trip that does not weaken or fail like spring;
- Adjustable line stack;
- New line roller eliminate twists.
Tel: +49 4182 294 334