RBFF reveals new home base for 60 in 60 initiative
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
RBFF and the fishing industry are making great strides towards reaching 60 in 60, increasing fishing participation from the current 49 million anglers in the USA to 60 million in 60 months.
What started off as an aspirational goal for RBFF and the industry has morphed into a rallying cry, complete with resources and critical information for state and industry stakeholders.
With the 60 in 60 goal gaining interest and visibility as each month rolls by, RBFF has developed a new homepage for 60 in 60 and everything related to it, including new resources like the top 30 recruitment, retention and reactivation (R3) tips straight from ICAST, marketing toolkits and more.
The webpage serves as a home base for the entire 60 in 60 initiative, starting with background information on the goal and why RBFF took on the challenge of pushing for 60 million anglers.
As users land on this main page, they learn the basics of the 60 in 60 goal, including how the goal relies on strong industry support, utilising proper R3 tactics. Visitors to this page can also see the latest 60 in 60 news and sign up to receive the latest information right in their inbox.
From the main page, users can dive into details on:
Why 60 in 60 is important for the industry
- Including the economic impact of reaching participation of 60 million anglers annually;
- How reaching 60 million anglers would have a huge impact on funding for conservation programmes.
Where RBFF stands in its quest for 60 in 60
- For the third straight year, fishing participation increased, reaching 49.1 million anglers in 2017;
- Hear RBFF President & CEO Frank Peterson discuss the successes so far in the first few years of the 60 in 60 initiative.
How to get involved today
- Let RBFF President and CEO Frank Peterson show you the three ways the RBFF believes the industry and state agencies can best help increase participation;
- Learn the top 30 tips for implementing R3 tactics in your organisation;
- Download the full 60 in 60 Toolkit, complete with research, marketing material, event planning resources and more.
RBFF says: “We are off to a strong start towards 60 in 60, but we will need complete industry buy-in to make this goal a reality. Let this new webpage serve as your source of all things 60 in 60, and share the site and resources with your peers to push closer to 60 million.”