New St. Croix Mojo trolling rods up to conquering muskie
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
American manufacturer, St. Croix, says that its new Mojo Musky Trolling rods conquer the rigours of fishing for the species with the features, durability and craftsmanship that anglers have come to expect from the company.
There are five different rods in the line-up in lengths ranging from seven to 10 feet. The breadth of choice allows musky trollers to set up a wide bait spread area, even without boards, with long rods up front and shorter ones towards the stern, including the highly effective prop wash presentation.
All rods feature heavy or extra-heavy power to handle the most monstrous muskies and moderate action to manage the strain of big baits pulled at high speeds, not to mention bone-jarring strikes. However, there is more to the rods than simply length, power and action.
They also feature:
- A dynamic blend of carbon fibre and linear S-glass construction, coupling the power and stiffness of premium SCII Graphite with the flexibility and durability of fibreglass;
- SeaGuide line guides, crafted from stainless steel for durability under the rigours of trolling;
- Fuji DPS reel seats with no triggers, allowing for easier removal of the rod from a rod holder, especially when a fish is hooked;
- Offset ferrule design on the nine to 10 foot models, coupling one-piece performances with two-piece convenience;
- Premium grade EVA handle;
- Kigan hook keeper;
- Two layers of Flex Coat slow cure finish;
- Five-year warranty, backed by St. Croix Superstar Service.
They will be available in November and will retail between $200 and $240 (US).
Tel: + 1 800 826 7042