New flashlight introduced for anglers: Abel compact E1B
Fly reel manufacturer Abel has introduced a single-cell high output flashlight that it says is ideal for anglers.
The American-made, fully machined aerospace E1B aluminum flashlight is produced under contract with SureFire, of Fountain Valley, California.
The compact unit features a robust power-regulated LED emitter and a precision Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens. A push button tailcap switch allows the user to activate and select an output level – a press or click for a 110-lumens high beam that is four times the light of a big 2-D cell flashlight.
“The Abel compact E1B delivers either a 5-lumens ultra-long runtime low beam or 110 lumens for extra brightness. You can use the low beam for reading a map or the high output for navigating a trail in the dark. The flashlight produces useful light levels for 37 hours,” said Abel President, Don R.Swanson.
At 4ins long and weighing 3oz, the light fits comfortably in a fly fishing vest or wader pocket. It comes with a single 123A high-energy lithium battery and ten-year shelf-life.
- High strength aerospace aluminium body, Mil-Spec; Abel hard-anodised
- Weatherproof O-ring and gasket sealing
- Manufactured in conjunction with SureFire
- Length: 4ins
- Weigh: 3oz
- Max output – high: 110 lumens, low: 5 lumens
- Battery: Single 123A high-energy lithium
- $225 in red or olive finish, $275 in Abel brown trout finish
Business contacts: Tel: +1 805 484 8789 Email: Web: www.abelreels.com