Nantes set to become Europe’s leading fishing showpiece
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
The Salon Européen des Pêches is set to become Europe’s leading fishing show by expanding into the freshwater sector in 2015.
The three-day event has traditionally focused on sea fishing, complemented by strong boating and diving content. But the introduction of freshwater fishing is expected to increase both exhibitor and visitor numbers.
Held in Nantes on the northern coastline of the Bay of Biscay in France, the show has long been a focal point for companies seeking early season exposure for new products.
Now multi-discipline exhibitors will also be able to showcase their freshwater products to a consumer audience expected to approach 20,000 over the three days.
Show organiser Cyrille Devorsine explained that the region around Nantes has many freshwater fishing locations and is the second most popular in France for freshwater fishing permit sales.
“Exhibitors wanted the show to be extended into freshwater,” he said. “We expect the move to produce an increase in the 18,000 visitors that came last year. More exhibitors and visitors will strengthen our position as Europe’s leading fishing show.”
An earlier ‘satisfaction survey’ conducted by the organisers indicates that 87% of exhibitors are happy with the show, with 89% satisfied by visitor numbers.
Exhibitors at this year’s event, held in Nantes’ Parc des Expositions from February 13th to 15th, include Daiwa, Fiiish, Fonderie Lemer, Garmin, Hearty Rise, Savager’s-Hobie, Scatri, Ultimate Fishing and RTM Kayaks.
Other shows taking place this month include:
- GERMANY: Fisch & Angel, Dortmund, February 3-8
- POLAND: Rybomania, Poznan, February 6-8
- JAPAN: Fishing Show Osaka, Osaka, February 6-8 (Feb 6 trade only)
- NETHERLANDS: Carp Zwolle, Zwolle, February 7-8
- UNITED KINGDOM: British Fly Fair International, February 7-8
- CZECH REPUBLIC: For Fishing, Prague, February 12-15
- HUNGARY: FEHOVA, Budapest, February 12-15
- UNITED STATES: Miami International Boat Show, February 12-16
- FRANCE: Les Salon Européen Des Peches En Mer, Nantes, February 13-15
- AUSTRIA: International Trade Fair For Hunting & Fishing, Salzburg, February 19-22
- UNITED STATES: Fly Fishing Show, Pleasanton, Ca, February 20-22
- UNITED STATES: International Custom Rod Building Expo, Winston-Salem, NC, February 21- 22
- ITALY: CARPITALY, Gonzaga, Fenruary 21-22
- IRELAND: Ireland Angling, Dublin, February 21-22
- RUSSIA: Hunting & Fishing in Russia, Moscow, February 25-March 1.