Mustad has vacancy for European Market/Brand Manager
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
Hook giant Mustad is looking for a European Market/Brand Manager.
The suitable candidate will play a pivitol role in the 185-year-old company’s planned growth in the region and must have a proven sales track record, be highly ambitious, dynamic, flexible and be an open-minded team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- 10 year sales track record in similar position;
- Experience in sales of physical products from distribution to retail;
- Experience in sales of branded products;
- Relationship builder;
- Comprehensive key-account, distribution and retail-chain experience;
- International experience, experienced in working with different markets and cultures;
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in sales, marketing, business administration or the equivalent;
- Entrepreneurial personality with a sound understanding of business economics, marketing, e-commerce and sales. Must be of smart appearance and have a talent for hard selling and negotiation;
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English, French and/or Spanish are important but not vital;
- Hard-working, highly ambitious, dynamic, flexible and an open–minded team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Experience within the sport/outdoor segment or similar lifestyle industries would be an advantage.
- Leading Mustad’s future growth within the sportfishing segment through our established distribution network throughout Europe and managing the business, market by market and country by country;
- Budget control;
- Establish and work with a long-term growth plan;
- Implement stronger marketing platforms;
- Plan and execute long-term product development strategy and marketing concepts;
- Reporting to Global VP Sales & Marketing on a regular basis;
- Build internal and external relationships, actively seek new markets and drive international business development;
- Become an important part of Mustad’s global product team.
- An attractive job in a well established company, set on innovation and expansion;
- An opportunity to influence the future of a 185-year-old company;
- Work with the oldest and most widely known brand in the fishing tackle industry;
- The role will be based both at home and at Mustad HQ in Gjøvik, Norway;
- An informal working style, based on entrepreneurial ethos, commitment and passion;
- Attractive salary/bonus programme;
- International responsibility and travel – approximately 100 to 130 days a year.
For further information about the position please contact Atle Håkonsen on: +479 2848388
O. Mustad & Søn AS has been the world leader in defining fish hooks since 1877 and Mustad is the best-selling hook brand on the planet. Our products are sold in more than 170 countries, with the USA, Europe, Africa, Indonesia and Australia the largest markets. The main office is located at Gjøvik, Norway with subsidiary companies in Miami, the Dominican Republic, Portugal, China and Singapore. Production is located in China, Portugal and Norway.
The company has been through a restructuring process and is now ready for further global growth. Mustad Group had a turnover of NOK 300 mill in 2015 and has 450 employees worldwide. O. Mustad & Søn AS is owned by Ard Group AS.