Leeda restructuring continues following relocation
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
Leeda has announced a new appointment, a promotion and a departure as it seeks to restructure following its move from Redditch to Milton Keynes in the UK.
The brand owner and distributor has promoted Pat MacInnes from Digital Media Manager to Marketing Manager and has recruited champion fly fisherman Steve Cullen as Wychwood and Leeda Game Brand Manager.
Going in the other direction is John Taylor, who has resigned from his role as Leeda Marketing Manager.
MacInnes has been at Leeda for almost two years, managing growth across social media platforms. Before that he spent 12 years in the angling media. “Pat has been exceptional since the Madison management team took the reins of Leeda six months ago,” said Kellie Parsons, Marketing Director for sister company Madison, which now controls Leeda.
“He has worked across all the aspects of the marketing mix in addition to digital media.”
MacInnes said that Leeda has major launches in the pipeline that will provide opportunities for the company to move to the next level in the way it markets its brands to consumers.
Steve Cullen has also moved from consumer magazines, where he has been an editor in the fly fishing market since 2007. He is a three-time England fly fishing international and a former English national champion.
“We have big plans for Leeda and Steve’s appointment marks a new and exciting chapter in the development of Wychwood and Leeda,” said Leeda Brand Director Phil Hammill.
Cullen said the ‘wealth of knowledge’ he brings with him from his magazine experience will equip him for his new role. “I can bring a lot to the business that can help both brands develop and grow,” he added.
The Wychwood Game Brand Manager position has been vacant since the highly-rated Paul Richardson left the brand in August 2013 to form his own design agency.
The appointment of Cullen comes only weeks after Leeda relocated from Redditch to Milton Keynes, where it is under the control of Madison, a leading distributor of bicycle parts.
John Taylor’s exit from Leeda is the latest in a number of departures from the company since the move. Other personnel to have moved on include Managing Director Richard Taylor, Leeda Brand Manager Stuart Beard, Commercial Manager Garvan O’Brien, Head of Sales Martin Kelly and Purchasing Manager Lee Clayton.
“I resigned so that I could pursue other opportunities,” Taylor told Angling International. “I was travelling five to six hours to and from home every day and that was one of the issues. My life/work balance was out of kilter.”
Taylor joined Leeda in January 2013 after previously spending six years at Preston Innovations at a time of rapid growth for the company. He also worked as an agent for Milo, Trabucco and Masterline. “I would like to stay in the industry and feel that with my sales and marketing experience I have a lot to offer someone,” he added.
• Leeda is offering retailers free accommodation, hospitality and entertainment to help make sure the launch of its iceTackle show later this month is a resounding success. The event is a new initiative that will take place under the same roof as iceBike, an established show run by Leeda’s sister company, Madison. Attractions at the show, being held at Arena MK, in Milton Keynes, from February 24th to 26th, include:
- All the latest tackle from the Leeda, Wychwood and MAP brands;
- Live Q&A sessions with top anglers, including Nigel Sharp, Andy May and Charles Jardine;
- Show-only staff offers that include carp rods from £14 and TKS poles from £121;
- Show-only promotions and clearance deals, with 20% off Rogue tackle;
- Informative B2B and Shopatron seminars;
- Live product demonstrations by the Leeda, Wychwood and MAP brand managers;
- Free registration and parking.
To register for iceTackle go to www.icetackle.co.uk or call 01908 326000. All UK retailers are invited, regardless of whether they currently do business with Leeda.