L.L. Bean presents new 2013 waders and boots
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
L.L.Bean has introduced an extensive range of new products for Spring 2013.
The 100-year-old Freeport, Maine, manufacturer of fly fishing tackle and outdoor apparel has showcased 16 new products, including new waders, rods, reels and clothing.
In the new range are the L.L. Bean Kennebec Waders. These have been developed with a newer, lighter fabric and updated design features and techniques.
The top half features a lighter four-layer fabric for breathability, while the lower four layer fabric gives extra durability.
These extend the comfort level and the dense weave resists punctures.
Other features include:
- Fewer seams to reduce the chance of leaks;
- Unique to the market built-in ‘Reverse Tension’ wading belt that is, says L.L. Bean, by far the easiest and quickest adjusting belt ever.
- Articulated knees for greater mobility, comfort and motion;
- Four-point adjustable neoprene shoulder straps that offer all day comfort and mobility;
- Ergonomically-shaped neoprene booties with strategically placed seams to prevent irritation to the feet;
- Hand-warmer pockets on the chest with two zippered pockets above;
- Interior security pocket.
A boot/foot version has all the above features, plus Aquastealth soles – a sticky rubber that clings to an assortment of different terrains –and the BOA lacing system. This allows you to instantly adjust the boot from low towards the toe to the very top of the boot by simply turning a dial.
The company says that its Pleasant River Wading Boot is the ‘best’ value product of its kind on the market.
The boot is easy to clean with minimal seams, non-porous materials and a sticky rubber outsole,– all which greatly reduces the transfer of invasive species.
To help quick drying it has non-absorbing polyurethane nubuck and closed cell foam padding. It is built on oversized last to ensure your regular boot size will fit over waders perfectly.
It comes in whole sizes from five to 14.
For the smaller angler, L.L. Bean has expanded the sizes in the Flyweight Hip Boot, which is now available down to a men’s size three. Its sticky rubber outsoles offer great traction, while lightweight polyurethane coated nylon uppers add to the comfort.
The hip belt attachment strap keeps the waders up and the adjustable leg openings help cinch the top of the wader for a better fit. They are available in whole boot sizes from three to 13.
Business contacts. Web: www.llbean.com