Johnson Outdoors triumphs at ICAST awards
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
It was a night to remember for the Johnson Outdoors brands as the group took four awards in the New Product Showcase at ICAST – including Best in the Show.
Its Minn Kota brand celebrated a double when it won the ultimate show prize and Best Boating Accessory for its latest trolling motor.
Johnson Watercraft’s Old Town Canoe – a serial winner at the awards – was once again victorious in the Boats category with its new Predator PDL, while Humminbird picked up the Best Electronics.
Danish fishing tackle manufacturer, Svendsen Sport, owner of Savage Gear, completed a trans-Atlantic double when its 3D Suicide Duck won the Best Hard Lure – just weeks after winning the same award at EFTTEX in Amsterdam.
The complete list of winners are:
- Freshwater rod: St Croix
- Saltwater rod: Lew’s Fishing Tackle
- Fly fishing rod: St Croix
- Freshwater reel: Lew’s Fishing Tackle
- Saltwater reel: PENN Fishing Tackle
- Fly Reel: Pfleuger
- Hard lure: Savage Gear
- Soft lure: Squidnation
- Lifestyle apparel: Under Armour
- Technical apparel: Plano Synergy
- Boating accessory: Johnson Outdoors Minn Kota
- Boat: Johnson Outdoors Watercraft
- Combo: Lew’s Fishing Tackle
- Electronics: Johnson Outdoors Humminbird
- Eyewear: Costa
- Fishing accessory: Yeti
- Fishsmart: Adventure Productions
- Fly fishing accessory: Boomerang
- Footwear: Shimano
- Giftwear: Weego
- Kids: Steinhauser
- Line: Pucci
- Tackle management: Cobra
- Terminal tackle: Trapper Tackle
- Best of Show: Johnson Outdoors Minn Kota