Humminbird Bow 360™ makes its mark at ICAST
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
Humminbird walked away from last month’s ICAST with a Best New Product Showcase award for its Bow 360™, a new mounted version of its 360™ technology.
At last year’s show, the Johnson Outdoors company, formally introduced the concept that provides anglers with complete around-the-boat, underwater imagery of up to 150 feet in every direction and catered for anglers who prefer to transom-mount boat accessories via a Transducer Deployment System (TDS) that attaches to the boat transom or jackplate.
The TDS lowers the transducer below the bottom of the boat and outboard to ensure an unobstructed underwater view. However, many anglers, pros and guides alike immediately asked for a bow version of 360.
“From the very start we knew that anglers would fall into two camps – those who would want it on the transom and those who would prefer it on the bow. So our R&D guys worked closely with bass pros – Kevin VanDam in particular – to create the perfect system for bow deployment via an easy trolling motor mounting,” said Jeff Kolodzinski, Humminbird Brand Manager.
“Now it’s here, offering tournament anglers a whole new level of spot-and-stalk style fishing from the front of the boat. The applications are mind-blowing.
“Even from a stationary position anglers are now able to view updated underwater images from around the entire boat, to key in on real-time movements of fish and around cover like never before.”
The sonar accessory is exclusively compatible with current Humminbird Side Imaging-equipped models that are Ethernet-capable: 798, 898, 998 and 1198.
Bow 360 specifications:
- Easily mounted on bow mount trolling motors via Quick Release Mounting Bracket;
- Eight-foot and 20-foot Ethernet cable attached;
- Additional three-foot power cable for quick disconnect;
- Internal GPS receiver with Heading Sensor.
Bow 360 features:
- Around-the-boat coverage, 150-feet in every direction;
- Ability to mark waypoints anywhere on the 360 Imaging screen;
- Specific areas can be selected and zoomed in on;
- An audio-alert sounds when the boat nears a waypoint within casting range;
- Capable of recording video and screen captures;
- Eight colour palettes;
- Four sonar speed settings.
Tel: +1 800 633 1468