Dragon upgrades Fishmaker II reels
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
Design Fishing has made improvements to its Fishmaker II reels which includes new shapes for its spool chamber and rotor.
Two silicon parts on the inside of the rotor arms have also been introduced to prevent the line getting stuck under the spool.
Other improvements include:
- The handle length increased by 10mm;
- More efficient line-roller ball bearing;
- Tighter connection of the bail wire and bail arm
- New colours.
The Fishmaker series has been based on the Polish fishing tackle manufacturer’s V-Concept which is characterized by an exceptionally large spool diameter and shallow depth of spool despite still offering normal line capacity.
The main advantage is a significant improvement in casting distances – up to 30% – perfect line lay and the option to use significantly bigger drag washers. The company adds that only the highest quality materials are used in the construction of the reels, including bearings produced in Japan and Germany, as well as a HEG (High Efficiency Gear) embedded in a rigid support frame.
“Thanks to the materials and incorporated technologies used, the reels are not only lighter and stiffer, but stronger,” says Design Fishing.
The new Dragon Fishmaker comes in FD1100i and FD900i versions.
Other features include:
- Body and rotor made of a new graphite composite that is extremely tight and durable;
- Two duraluminum V-shaped spools with different line capacity;
- Spool edge TiN coated;
- Worm-shaft spool oscillation;
- High efficiency gear;
- Low gear ratio of 1:4.4;
- Eight Japanese ball bearings and Infinitive Anti-Reverse needle bearing;
- Machine-cut handle;
- Tubular bail wire with hardened surface
- Titanium anti-tangle line roller;
- Multi-layer front drag with increased drag washer surface
- Super Balance System.
Tel: + 48 52326 8016