Brand Manager wanted for Leeda in the UK
Leeda is a well-established distributor of fishing tackle and owns the Wychwood, MAP and Leeda brands. Leeda also distributes many market-leading brands, such as Mustad, MEPPS and Maxima. Based in Milton Keynes, Leeda is a well-resourced business developing market-leading products across all angling disciplines, providing a comprehensive and well-supported product portfolio for all specialist retailers.
We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with excellent communication and organisational skills to co-ordinate and focus the development of the Leeda brand.
Reporting to the Brand Director, you will manage brand positioning, product ranges, pricing and marketing focus. Strong interpersonal skills are required to ensure success through the development of collaborative working relationships with our suppliers and sales people. You must be PC literate and commercially astute, with a keen interest in fishing. We think this is a great opportunity to join a successful and growing company and develop your career in brand management.
Previous experience of buying or merchandising in an angling equipment environment is essential.
- Liaise with the Product Design team to formulate design briefs
- Manage product range planning
- System code creation and pricing
- Competitor research and benchmarking
- Work with appointed vendors and visit as and when required
- Submit target pricing to the Design Team and vendors
- Develop and agree product availability time line with the Design Team and vendors
- Submit an annual marketing proposal
- Monitor product sales performance and QC
- Submit an annual sales budget for your associated area
- Monitor and manage margin performance
- Product presentation to press, customers and sales team
- Produce promotional offers
- Manage B2B product data
- Submit product content for catalogue and web
- Attend trade shows as and when required
- Product testing
Salary will be highly competitive dependent on relevant experience.
Closing date: 14/11/2014
Please note that we may not be able to respond to all applicants individually as we usually have a very high response to our vacancy adverts