AFTA Best in Show winners
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
J.M. Gillies scooped a hat-trick of awards at the Australian Fishing Trade Association (AFTA) Show which is currently being held on the Gold Coast.
The company triumphed in the Best Tackle Management (Plano 7237 Tackle Box), Best Outdoor / Camping Product (Camo Cat Bow) and Best Fly Rod ( Sage SALT) categories.
The full list of winners is:
- Best Rod: Wilsons, Venom X 10-20lb two-piece spinning rod;
- Best Reel: Shimano, Stella 2500 F1;
- Best Combo Kit: Pure Fishing, Abu Garcia Veritas/Orra s40;
- Best Line: Blue Fish Imports, Xtreme PE Braided line;
- Best Soft Lure: River2Sea, Fish Candy Wild Prawn;
- Best Hard Lure: Halco, C-GAR Slow Sinking Stick Bait;
- Best Terminal Tackle: Black Magic Tackle, Longreach Surfacing Rig; Tackle Tactics, TTLures Chinlockz Weedless Jigheads and Tackle Tactics, TTLures Headlockz HD River & Estuary Value Pack;
- Best Tackle Management: J.M. Gillies Agencies, Plano 7237 Tackle Box;
- Best Clothing / Accessory: AFN, Solar Tube;
- Best Fishing / Boating Accessory: Rapala Aluma-Pro Gripper
- Best Outdoor / Camping Product: J.M. Gillies Barnett Camo Cat Bow;
- Best Diving / Watersport Accessory: Vsport-Gopro, Hero 3+;
- Best Fly Rod: J.M. Gillies Agencies, Sage SALT;
- Best Fly Reel: Pure Fishing, Hardy Fortuna 1;
- Best Fly Line: Jarvis Walker, Cortland Precision Premium salt water fly line.