AFFTA names new Board of Directors and Executive Committee
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
An unprecedented 15 candidates were vying for the seven seats on the American Fly Fishing Trade Association (AFFTA) Board of Directors.
“We are very fortunate to have an industry as full of talented, dedicated leaders as we do,” said AFFTA President Ben Bulis. “To have these many high calibre candidates step up and put themselves out there is indicative of the passion and ethos that is inherent in the fly angling community.
“It’s a shared motivation to be involved and play an active role in ensuring the long-term health and growth of our sport and industry. This was not an easy vote by any stretch of the imagination.”
The Board includes:
- Lucas Bissett (Owner/Guide, Low Tide Charters)
- Hogan Brown (Guide/Marketing Director, Cast Hope)
- Jim Bartschi (President, Scott Fly Rods)
- Joel LaFollette (Owner, Royal Treatment Fly Fishing)
- Pat Straub (Owner/Guide, Gallatin River Guides)
- Russ Coburn (President/CEO Jans Mountain Recreation Experts)
- Andy Dunn (Purchasing Manager, Anglers All Fly Shop)
The Executive Committee was also confirmed.
- Colby Trow (Owner Mossy Creek Fly Fishing) Chair
- Brent Bauer (Director of Product, Umpqua Feather Merchants) Vice Chair
- Lucas Bissett, Secretary
- Tag Kleiner VP of Marketing, Far Bank Enterprises), Treasurer
“I am proud and excited to lead such a committed group of industry professionals,” said new Board Chair, Colby Trow. “There’s a whole lot of good energy coming in with our new Board members that I know will keep the momentum going strong into 2019 and beyond. We have a tremendous team in place – it is an exciting time for our industry to be sure.”