3-TAND launches with T-Series of saltwater fly reels
Article Media Click images to enlarge +
Rob Koelewyn has been designing and engineering revolutionary fishing tackle, from waterproof reels to titanium pliers, since 1993.
His latest innovation is a line of high quality sealed saltwater fly reels from 3-TAND that feature an exclusive multi-layer nano carbon fibre drag system. The company says: “They are manufactured with the same superior quality, performance, durability and dependability that Rob demands, but are now available to fishermen at more affordable prices.”
3-TAND’s T-Series includes a variety of sealed large and mid-arbor fly reels designed for the extreme fisherman. Each has been engineered with a waterproof housing and ‘killer’ drag that Koelewyn is known for.
The nano carbon fibre system is strong and smooth and it offers a zero start-up inertia. The spools hold a significant line capacity and are interchangeable, making them flexible and affordable for anglers to swap or upgrade from a 7-weight to a 9-weight reel or from a 10-weight to 12-weight at a fraction of the cost of buying multiple reels.
The reels are designed for easy use and maintenance and also feature:
- A unique 2-disc, 4-disc or 6-disc nano carbon fibre drag system;
- A sleek, but durable design made from cold-forged 6061 T-grade material, diamond turned with a gun metal anodised finish that provides a unique colour along with a smooth and protective surface;
- Reversible and interchangeable spools that feature hidden counter weights for interference-free line retrieve;
- Taper in/taper out handles for extra comfort and grip;
- A membrane seal to provide light resistance to the spool and prevent line overruns while stripping line.
Koelewyn says: “I have spent the last year designing and testing our line of 3-TAND reels. My passion for fishing and the ideas I brought to the industry will continue. Quality comes first and that is what I put my name behind. I am thrilled that fishermen, dealers and guides appreciate what we offer and find these reels to be high quality, but at mid-range prices – that was my goal”.
The T-Series consists of seven different weight reels (5-weight through to 15-weight) and each includes a limited lifetime warranty.
Introductory MSRP’s are: T-50 ($299.95), T-70 ($349.95), T-90 ($369.95), T-100 ($449.95), T-120 ($469.95), T-130 ($549.95) and the T-150 ($599.95).
3-TAND is set to introduce lighter freshwater reels – the TF-Series – by the end of 2013.
Tel: + 203 931 5442